Welcome to Flavors !
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
From the Blog
A chef is someone who’s got cooking as his profession. He is professionally trained and loaded with culinary skills and other aspects of cooking. Cooking is not just about vessels and a burner; it is more than that. Though this profession is great by itself, people have a weird habit of underestimating this profession because of the low income it generates, and people also believe that hotel management courses are taken up by people who do not have another worthy choice to make. This perception has to be killed first. A chef can be equally passionate about his profession just like any other professional. Not all can master the art of cooking dishes that leaves everyone drooling. So never make an attempt to belittle this profession. In the upcoming lines, we have made a humble attempt to etch out the pros and cons of being a chef.
Pros of being a chef:
- It is a job that defines the phrase ‘one’s own master.’ You are absolutely free to do all that you want inside a kitchen. You can just unleash the beast of creativity inside you!
- If you are a part of high-end restaurants, you can really mint hell a lot of money and lead a cozy lifestyle.
- You have endless job opportunities to switch, instead of burning your fat in the same place.
- You get to visit various nations in the process of learning their food habits and cooking styles.
- You can be extremely innovative as there is no force that can stop you from doing so.
- Your days are not mundane and narrative as they are in other professions. You get to explore the various phases of life.
- If you are extremely good at what you are doing, you are soon to become a household name and can also become a part of the global platform.
Cons of being a chef:
- The initial days of being a chef can be extremely tough as it is quite hard to get yourself a notable position.
- In most of the cases, salaries are usually low.
- The working conditions can be hard and tough to handle. It can be because of the weather, place of stay or the residents there.
- A chef in most cases is prone to unsafe working conditions. He is most likely be amidst fire and electrical items making it a risky place to work.
- Cooking is all about how well your body and mind coordinates. So in emotionally unbalanced situations, he will find it hard to stay in there and cook.
First, what is a Taco?
Taco is one among the traditional Mexican dishes which is made out of corn and wheat tortilla, filled with stuff and folded. The stuffing inside differs with culture, tradition and the taste of the person who consumes it. Beef, pork chicken seafood vegetables and cheese allowing you to have a wide range of options. Tacos are usually consumed with the help of hands without the use of cutleries. To make the dish even more enticing, salsa, chili flakes, pepper, avocado, guacamole, tomato, onions, and lettuce are used to garnish the dish.
There are 14 major types of tacos classified under two major variations the traditional and the non-traditional ones. The types are based on the variations a person makes to the dish. Cooking is an area where there is a large scope for improvising stuff. So the stuffing inside the taco is left to the discretion of the chef, who prepares and also on the availability of the ingredients. This dish is believed to have eaten by the native Mexican even before the arrival of the Spaniards. There are proofs showing that the indigenous people of Mexico traditionally ate Tacos filled with small fish.
How to cook tacos:
- Ingredients that you will need to cook tacos:
- Real corn tortillas
- Meat (anything of your choice)
- Canned beans
- It is very imperative that you buy high-quality tortillas, make sure they are soft and flexible enough. If you are very much particular about the tortillas, you can even make them at home all by yourself used dried corn flour.
- Get your all ingredients that you would love to stuff and place them conveniently on to the table.
- Wash them if required.
- Then finely chop the tomatoes, onions and coriander leaves.
- The next step is to grill the meat of your choice and leave them until they turn golden brown. Make sure you don’t overdo it and bring down the taste.
- Take the canned beans and cook them. Transfer them to a plate once you are done.
- While the meat gets ready to warm the tortillas a bit using an oven or microwave, you do not want your tortillas to break like bread crumbs when you fold them with stuff.
- Now, cut the lime into two halves and place them beside the plate.
- Once your work with the meat is over, place the tortilla on a plate and spread the meat on it. Then keep adding the tomatoes, onions coriander leaves beans and avocado.
- Once you have stuffed all that you want to squeeze a bit of lime to make it even more mouth-watering.
- Most importantly do not mess up your table in the process of cooking, a great food arrives only on a clean table. Nothing spoils the mood of cooking like an unkempt table.