First, what is a Taco?
Taco is one among the traditional Mexican dishes which is made out of corn and wheat tortilla, filled with stuff and folded. The stuffing inside differs with culture, tradition and the taste of the person who consumes it. Beef, pork chicken seafood vegetables and cheese allowing you to have a wide range of options. Tacos are usually consumed with the help of hands without the use of cutleries. To make the dish even more enticing, salsa, chili flakes, pepper, avocado, guacamole, tomato, onions, and lettuce are used to garnish the dish.
There are 14 major types of tacos classified under two major variations the traditional and the non-traditional ones. The types are based on the variations a person makes to the dish. Cooking is an area where there is a large scope for improvising stuff. So the stuffing inside the taco is left to the discretion of the chef, who prepares and also on the availability of the ingredients. This dish is believed to have eaten by the native Mexican even before the arrival of the Spaniards. There are proofs showing that the indigenous people of Mexico traditionally ate Tacos filled with small fish.
How to cook tacos:
- Ingredients that you will need to cook tacos:
- Real corn tortillas
- Meat (anything of your choice)
- Canned beans
- It is very imperative that you buy high-quality tortillas, make sure they are soft and flexible enough. If you are very much particular about the tortillas, you can even make them at home all by yourself used dried corn flour.
- Get your all ingredients that you would love to stuff and place them conveniently on to the table.
- Wash them if required.
- Then finely chop the tomatoes, onions and coriander leaves.
- The next step is to grill the meat of your choice and leave them until they turn golden brown. Make sure you don’t overdo it and bring down the taste.
- Take the canned beans and cook them. Transfer them to a plate once you are done.
- While the meat gets ready to warm the tortillas a bit using an oven or microwave, you do not want your tortillas to break like bread crumbs when you fold them with stuff.
- Now, cut the lime into two halves and place them beside the plate.
- Once your work with the meat is over, place the tortilla on a plate and spread the meat on it. Then keep adding the tomatoes, onions coriander leaves beans and avocado.
- Once you have stuffed all that you want to squeeze a bit of lime to make it even more mouth-watering.
- Most importantly do not mess up your table in the process of cooking, a great food arrives only on a clean table. Nothing spoils the mood of cooking like an unkempt table.